Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markio93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2015
hey guys so recently i got a scratch on my Macbook Air 13" (early 2014), and despite not knowing where the scratch came from as the device was only 2 months old, i had to accept it was my fault and so I recently paid $600 to repair the screen. I'm picking it up from my local apple store tomorrow and I wanted to know how to keep scratch free. i did not have a screen protector, and used the MONSTER ScreenClean with the Microfibre cloth to cleen the screen and kept it in a case in my bag. so if you guys have any reason the scrcth couldve occurred and how to keep it scratch free, it would be most appreciated.

note: the scratch was very long, and covered half the screen
thankyou!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How did you scratch it, I've had laptop's since before Apple transitioned over to Intel CPUs, and so far (knocks on wood), I've never scratched them. I never use a screen protector either. With that said, I think my 2012 rMBP seems more likely to get one (or worse the coating coming off).

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2015
How did you scratch it, I've had laptop's since before Apple transitioned over to Intel CPUs, and so far (knocks on wood), I've never scratched them. I never use a screen protector either. With that said, I think my 2012 rMBP seems more likely to get one (or worse the coating coming off).

I've had apple laptops since the first one ever sold. 'i've had ipads and android tablets and phones and never had a screen scratch. You'd have to do something pretty extreme and blatant to get one. Someone had to do it purposefully.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
A jilted girlfriend.

A sicko roommate.

So really no protection is gonna save you except changing your social circle.

Could be a nephew you let him play with.

Bottom line: there are no mystical comic micro-meteor that "happened" to streaked your laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.