Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gimmi80

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010

gimmi80

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
attachment.php

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Are you certain it's going to be black on the bezel of the MBA? It looks like the film has a slightly darker tint but not black so when installed on MBP the black bezel can be seen through the tint?

MacRuler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
thanks scottsdale that was the advice i was looking for, i still really want a black bezel, but i dont want to waste the 30 dollars and have it NOT work, for reason being its not my money its my parents :cool:

MacRuler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
well i just ordered one from ebay for 27 dollars, ill let you guys know how it looks when i get it..:D

gnr319

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2009
I don't think that screen film will work with the MBA. The screens of the mbp and the alu mb are flush with the bezel due to the glass panel.

If you were to apply it to the MBA, it would be awkward because there would be space between the actual lcd and the film since the MBA bezel is more elevated than the lcd since there is no glass.

The description in the apple store also does not list the MBA as compatible.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I don't think that screen film will work with the MBA. The screens of the mbp and the alu mb are flush with the bezel due to the glass panel.

If you were to apply it to the MBA, it would be awkward because there would be space between the actual lcd and the film since the MBA bezel is more elevated than the lcd since there is no glass.

The description in the apple store also does not list the MBA as compatible.

Yes, that is a nice assumption in addition to the film not being black where it covers the bezel it will just not work on the MBA. It will look like a gigantic sticker is covering both the display and bezel.

MacRuler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
i could always cut the border of the bezel so it lays flat on both the screen and the bezel, not sure if that makes sense...but i will put up pics if the final project looks anywhere close to appealing

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
i could always cut the border of the bezel so it lays flat on both the screen and the bezel, not sure if that makes sense...but i will put up pics if the final project looks anywhere close to appealing

yep, an exacto knife and a steady hand could make it look really good! Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.