Macbook Air Screen / Backlight Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mklnz, Jun 28, 2008.

1. mklnz macrumors regular

It seems my MBA has developed some issues with the LCD, there is a noticeable dark patch on the bottom of the screen and it is really bugging me, normally little things like these I can get over with but seeing how much I paid for this laptop it is very disconcerting.

Oh and also, when the screen is off and viewed under a sun/bright light, you can see waves / "ripples" of the LCD, is that supposed to be normal?

Just wondering if Applecare will "care" about this issue. Please check pics :)

Attached Files:

2. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

I would definitely take it in to an Apple Store for a quick look by a Genius. I've found them to be pretty accommodating for these types of issues. Of course individual milage may vary from store to store.

That ripple effect should not be happening. It looks like the "glossy" coating has some kind of defect. Definitely point that out to your Genius at the Apple Store.

3. aosman macrumors 6502

It seemed like my MBA had a bright spot but I can't seem to find it anymore. Weird

4. chanddr macrumors newbie

macbook air LED lcd screen.

Hi,
    Macbook Air came with newest type of au optronics LED backlight lcd screen.
    it was pioneer of the best paper thin LCD in market. i am in LCD business so i know buying price on those were so high . we dare to touch it. seems from the pictures that you have bad LED. LED is very new technology and i dont see any fast fix for it. if apple is ready to change it for you well and good otherwise you can buy it new from LCD Store.

5. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

I got a new 1.6 MBA last night and it has some screen bleeding on the bottom and top. It is strange since the MBA has the best LCD ever in a notebook, but I will have it replaced ASAP!

6. chanddr macrumors newbie

Macbook air LED.

Yes you can go ahead and purchase . i already listed web above. LED is most advance technology with LED backlight VS traditional CCFL backlight.