MacBook Air Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thenumbersrbad, Nov 3, 2011.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Hey, sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else already, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. I'm curious if there is a way to tell which screen is on the MacBook Air? I was able to find the answer about the SSD....I have the Samsung SSD. Does that mean that my screen is also Samsung? Thanks in advance.

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

You have to go into the display calibration settings and it is in there somewhere. Cant remember where but its in the area where the color calibration is and the go to details and it is near the bottom i think

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I have two 13" MBA's as I just bought one for my wife. Mine has a Samsung display and hers has a LG. Side by side they are actually so close that the difference is not worth worrying about. I think far too much is made of it, and believe me I am picky.

Here's how you can determine what you have:

To identify your Display:

open terminal , paste:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

the first line is your display model.

The belief is that if it starts with LP = LG screen while LTH = Samsung screen.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have the LG, it's great. Don't let people tell you otherwise.

There's some nice color profiles for the display too that are out there in a thread on MacRumors.