Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawk1410

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hey, i just bought a 2011 MacBook Air with th 1.7ghz i5 and it just seems kinda laggy, the animation when switching from one space to another seems laggy and not so fluid. I had the high end MBP 15 before that and it was fluid and fast. And I know this is not a performance related problem as the MBA i tested out at the apple store was as fluid as my MBP.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey, i just bought a 2011 MacBook Air with th 1.7ghz i5 and it just seems kinda laggy, the animation when switching from one space to another seems laggy and not so fluid. I had the high end MBP 15 before that and it was fluid and fast. And I know this is not a performance related problem as the MBA i tested out at the apple store was as fluid as my MBP.
Here are a few things to check: Performance Tips For Mac OS X

Appledreamer

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Belfast
Laggy air

Surely a brand new MacBook air sure suffer no lag this is very worrying for new buyers

In my view if you buy a new MacBook air it should be flawless out of the box if not return it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.