macbook air SSD's in canada

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yummywaffles, Jul 24, 2011.

1. yummywaffles macrumors newbie

so i realize that the majority of the people posting here are probably from the US. im from a city without an apple store and only bestbuy and futureshop. however, they wont be getting any stock until august. Im just curious what kind of SSD's (samsung or toshiba) people got in their mba's purchased in Canada. Thanks :)

2. Adgeman macrumors member

I bought my 13" MBA Ultimate from the Vancouver Oakridge Apple store and got the Samsung SSD and screen.

3. EchoPure macrumors member

I just called all three Apple Stores in Vancouver and they were all out of stock for the 13" base model! :mad:

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. yummywaffles thread starter macrumors newbie

problem with that is if i dont get one with the samsung ssd i will definitely want to switch. but, thats gonna be hard if i live on vancouver island. T-T"

6. EchoPure macrumors member

Will I be able to exchange it in the Apple Store if I get mine shipped?

7. Minhthien macrumors 6502

yes!

8. PaulWog Suspended

I purchased from the Richmond Apple Store, and I picked up the 11-inch Macbook Air 2011 model (4GB RAM / 128GB hard drive / i5 processor).

I got a Samsung SSD, and an LG screen.

Sidenote: I tried buying from the Oakridge location first, and they didn't have their shipment in (either that or they sold out all their 4GB models immediately in the first hour). So I drove verrrry quickly to the Richmond location and picked my Macbook Air up. Sounds like they're getting shipments in... but in pulses. They don't seem to be getting tons in all at once (at least in the first day or two of the release). Soooo who knows what stuff they'll carry.

9. justywusty macrumors regular

justywusty

13" base at Apple store Winnipeg. I got the samsung ssd but lg screen.