Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StelHg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2018
I was browsing the web and left my computer for 5 minutes and when I came back it was frozen. So I shut it down with the power button and restarted. It froze again on the login screen. After shutting off again the macbook won't turn on. No chime. The fan kept moving though. I tried the smc reset and pram reset. It turned on random tries but with the same issue of getting frozen up on the login screen. I also tried removing the battery for 10 seconds. Again wont turn on. Then I left the battery disconnected overnight and connected the charger in the morning and it chimed with a closed lid. And it went past the login screen but got stuck on loading. After that it turned on once with same issue. Now it is blank again. I can see the fan running and the ssd is extremely hot within 5 seconds of connecting the power. Where could the issue be?

Ps: it has never been dropped. No liquid damage.always been handled like a baby (until yesterday when I tried to open a screw to remove the battery)

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Disconnect the battery, connect the charger, and wait to see if the machine boots on its own without touching any keys.

If it still doesn't boot, disconnect the keyboard and trackpad cables, leave battery disconnected, connect the charger, and wait to see if it boots on its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.