Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Here are the specs of my laptop:
p.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gblg9u5c3la34l6/Screenshot 2019-03-05 17.58.58.png?dl=0

Last night my laptop worked great and has worked great for over a year with no issues. Today when I was working it was super laggy, and almost out of disk space (2GB left or so), so I removed 15GB+ of files. I deleted the VPN I had (that was freezing), then I installed a security update that has been needed, and immediately upgraded to Mojave.

Since the upgrade finished, the sound button doesn't work (shows a circle with a line through it when pressed), and when I open any Youtube or window, it lags a lot. I never had this problem before.

I shut down and reset PRAM with the alt+command+P+R, and no change.

When I go to System Preferences > Sound, I get (after a laggy 5 second wait):
"could not load Sound preferences pane"

So overall the computer is super laggy, but the sound is one thing that is obvious that may be related. Any ideas what I can do to solve this? I've tried all the main stuff I could find online, but still having issues. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

pjk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Have you tried erasing and reinstalling Mojave?

If it possible the unit was exposed to liquid?

Possible loose internal connection?
I restored to a couple weeks prior and it solved the issues. Will avoid upgrading for now. No liquid issues or internal connections afaik. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.