Macbook Air: The UltraMachine

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jmfel1926, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jmfel1926 macrumors member

Hello , i bought my first Mac 2 months ago , and it was the MBA 11'' i5 128 8 ... i am totally satisfied with this purchase as it is very light, very fast and has good battery life (and more) . But i cannot stand people that think they get a machine that can handle everything like:

-- i dropped my MBA from a 1,5 meter table and the body was scratched and had a permanent damage ... OFCOURSE !!! Nobody said that MBA can handle such drops ... it is absolutely natural. Just don't drop it like this !

-- i spilled a glass of water on my MBA and it isn't working now. OOO REALLY ??? we forgot to tell you that the MBA can work at 100 ft under the sea.

-- the SSD speed is 322MB/S and not 348MB/S that apple promised. OOOO !!!!! that is a huge disadvantage ... the 1,2GB file will be tranfered in 1 minute and not in 52 seconds ... i cannot wait that much ..

-- My MBA battery capacity is 98% and not 100%.should i go it back ? i feel that apple has not done a good job... OOO come on! did you ever have in other laptops to see the capacity of the battery? well if you had that ability , you would see that in 3 months the battery capacity would be 80% even less ...

-- My MBA cannot play Call of Duty MW3 ... OFCOURSE !!! it is not a gaming laptop ... if you wanted one ---> WRONG CHOICE ...

-- My MBA is really HOT ... oooo we haven't discovered yet a CPU that doesn't create heat ... when we do we will inform you ...

to end , ofcourse you want the best of such a pricey purchase but guys calm down and be reasonable ! enjoy your machine and do not look at such details ! to remind you this is my first MBA so i do not want to be the smart here ....

2. Wokis macrumors regular

Agreed. SSD sequential speeds doesn't mean much for real-world usage unless you plan on using the ssd as a video scratch disk. Random I/O is still good enough.

And people get too worried about temperature, turning off games occasionally to let the laptop "cool off". A 90C reading isn't dangerous for this CPU. It will throttle, not blow up, if it feels it's getting too hot for real.

And I'm personally just opting out from checking battery health. Not worth spending time worrying about :)

3. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

4. robvas macrumors 68020

5. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Oh oh oh... and don't forget: "Should I get 4GB of RAM with 512GB SSD or 8GB of RAM with 64GB SSD" or any other freaking combo possible. :D

6. aonarch macrumors newbie

I just got my MBA today...

Super happy with it.

That is all.

:D

7. mikkker007 macrumors member

:D brilliant.. I bought my mid 2012 11" the week it came out and couldnt be happier...... awesome machine....... I dont expect to use it as a dinner plate, I dony use it when im drinkin.... I dont whinge when i put a ding in it.. I should have been more careful........ good post.....:apple:

8. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Congrats!

Mine arrived yesterday (11", i7, 8GB, 128GB) - it's exactly what I wanted and it's gorgeous!

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The battery capacity thing is the worst - A lot of people can't seem to forget about the fact that their MacBook's battery sometimes only charges up to 98%... I mean, who cares? That's about three minutes of use!

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have long wanted to write such a post, but refrained from doing so. You beat me to it......Very, very funny post, and oh, so, so true. Very well said.