Macbook Air top right corner is getting hot

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xforbesx, Oct 15, 2018.

1. xforbesx, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

xforbesx macrumors newbie

Actually left side is quite cold. Fan, system, cpu usage everything is ok but right side is always hot even when the system is idle. I couldn't solve this problem. I have tried clean install, smc and nvram/pram reset and it's overheating while sleeping, when it's closed it heats the screen top right and when I wake up it no battery at all.

2. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

Just to state the obvious, the machines do get quite hot in and of themselves....sounds it could be a problem with your battery if it drains that quick.

3. xforbesx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. Battery condition is good 45 cycle and I'm getting 5 hours on Mojave, also tried without battery and same result. I suspect to thunderbolt chipset, I tried connecting an external display and disappears image after warming up, strange issue, I can't solve it...

4. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

Strange stuff. Prob have it checked by a proper repairshop at some point....

5. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

The fan and cpu is next to the Magsafe I/O board and I would expect the top left area of the keyboard to be warmer than the top right side. The top right is where the LVDS cable connects to the screen so I'm not sure why the right side would be hot.