MacBook Air -> TV (& Slingbox/Player question)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by grahamtearne, Aug 11, 2008.

1. grahamtearne macrumors regular

Hey guys not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am wondering if there is a way of connecting my MacBook Air to a standard TV? I have a HDTV in my bedroom which can be connected through VGA but I am wondering if its possible for standard TVs with scart and standard AV connections.

I understand the resolution would be pathetic and unusable etc, but the reasoning behind this is. I have just moved into a house with some fellow students and we have a 26" TV provided by our rental company in the front room. We are sports fans and like sports like NFL etc and therefor need SkySports but is unfortunatly expensive and requires a 12 month contract with either sky or virgin. As we are students we will only be at the university for around 8 months so we would be paying 4 months for nothing. We have 20mb broadband and I have a slingbox connected to my Sky at home (also 20mb so decent upload speeds) and I use it all the time on my iMac and I am very happy with the quality. I want a way of getting that slingbox to appear on our TV for certain events where we want to sit in the front room and watch together. If there is any other hardware or configurations you know of your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. jsgrabo macrumors regular