Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
My fiancée is looking at switching from her 2.16GHz 128GB Rev C MBA to a new 11" 1.6GHz 128GB 4GB model and we'd be buying through the higher education store but there doesn't seem to be the option for Applecare. There's usually an option called "EMEA CC-HE contract uplift" in the Higher Education store but it's missing for the MBA, in fact there's no option to purchase Applecare at all.

On the page where you choose which MBA model you want it does mention the 3 year hardware warranty on HE purchases as standard and that upgrading to full Applecare is £47.00 but there's no option to add it when buying. :confused:

iKennett

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
My fiancée is looking at switching from her 2.16GHz 128GB Rev C MBA to a new 11" 1.6GHz 128GB 4GB model and we'd be buying through the higher education store but there doesn't seem to be the option for Applecare. There's usually an option called "EMEA CC-HE contract uplift" in the Higher Education store but it's missing for the MBA, in fact there's no option to purchase Applecare at all.

On the page where you choose which MBA model you want it does mention the 3 year hardware warranty on HE purchases as standard and that upgrading to full Applecare is £47.00 but there's no option to add it when buying. :confused:

I bought in the UK store today using the 'Individual Educator' discount and the Apple Care cost £47.00.... so you can do it... perhaps phone them up?

daviesified

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
That £47 just gets you phone support for the 3 year period instead of the initial 90 days. 3 year warranty comes as standard on HE purchases.

But you're right, the option to upgrade isn't there. Weird.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
That £47 just gets you phone support for the 3 year period instead of the initial 90 days. 3 year warranty comes as standard on HE purchases.

But you're right, the option to upgrade isn't there. Weird.

Not just me then. Fair enough, I'll order it over the phone instead then. I know 3 years hardware warranty comes with it but the £47 is worth it for increasing value if it comes to reselling it so I always like to buy it. There was some ambiguity about the 3 year warranty a year or so ago when Apple's policies changed and only some universities had the deal for the 3 years of free warranty (but the uplift cost was still the same). It took me a fair bit of arguing to get the warranty status of my mac mini changed to reflect 3 years rather than 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.