Macbook Air upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. Eko, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

I;m sure this was probably covered somewhere. I'm not real familiar with apple on how long they take to do upgrades for new macbooks. Since the first two are 1.6 and 1.8 GHz. Will this go up because of size? When will the price go down? Is it usually around 6 months or what?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

There is no history for the MBA so no one knows what the rev cycle will be like or when Intel will provide Apple with a higher end chip than the 1.8. Price will most like stay the same and specs will go up at the first revision, though it is possible to see the base model drop $100 for more agressive sales, though unlikely.

3. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, when will the first revision most likely to happen?

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

June or July: Highly unlikely.
    August or September: Slightly more likely.
    October or November: Best Guess.
    December: Not at all likely during the Holiday buying season.
    Next January MWSF: If they don't decide to do it in the late summer or fall, or if Intel is slow on getting them a faster than 1.8 to bump the CPU. Also realize that it may end up waiting for a new chipset. Not sure if it is running on a modified Napa or Santa Rosa (current MBs and MBPs run Santa Rosa), and Montevino is due out this fall, but the MBA will probably be the last to see it. It is a special case in itself and if it isn't running SR now, then I couldn't tell you much more without knowing more.

5. Yankees 4 Life macrumors 6502a

i would say that they would update it around december or january.