MacBook Air vs. iPad 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cwosigns, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

Hello,

I usually lurk, but have a question. I currently have a base model Mac mini, 20" HP LCD monitor, and Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad. It's my first Mac desktop since I had an iMac back in the early 2000s. I've always had either a PowerBook or MacBook up until 2010 when my MacBook died. Since my company had given me a Dell laptop, I bought an iPad to meet my needs on the go. I bought the Mac mini earlier this year to have a computer to use at home, but I'm finding that I really dislike sitting at the desk in the evenings after sitting at my desk all day and the Air would be more flexible.

I am thinking of selling my Mac mini and buying an 11-inch MacBook Air (4/128), but it feels redundant to have an iPad 2 (with bluetooth keyboard and InCase Origami stand) and a MacBook Air.

Anyone here have an Air as their main computer, and have an iPad as well? What are your usage patterns? I almost never use my Mac mini, but think I would use the Air a lot more since it's portable.

2. doctorandrew macrumors member

I have both the iPad 2 and Macbook Air 11". I also have a desktop PC that I use mainly for storage and gaming, but I rarely have time for that anymore. I guess I'm spending 95% of the time on my Macbook Air, so you could say it's my main computer. I don't use the iPad 2 much anymore, but this may change if I could get my textbooks on the new book store. For now, the iPad is only being used for reading e-books and games for the kids. Between my phone and the macbook air, I am productive enough to not need anything else. Hope that helps.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since this very question is being discussed in this thread. I'm locking this as its superfluous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.