Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
13" rMBP is still version 1. Better wait for next gen rMBP and compare with 2013 Air. Or, get the Air now.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Thanks! I might again check at an Apple Store to see how much heavier and thicker the cMBP is and how good the screen is. I know the facts, but i don't like to start a lot just based on facts.

So either i will buy 15" rMBP or cMBP.

And if i choose cMBP, should i buy extra RAM myself or already configure it at the Apple Store? It would get cheaper if i do it though.

I can tell you now the best way to measure the extra weight without even lifting it...the cMBP is 1.14 pounds heavier
(rMBP=4.46 lb./2.02 kg)
(cMBP=5.60 lb./2.56 kg)

All you have to go is go to your local market and pick up a bunch of bananas that has 6 bananas on it. I know that this is a strange way to demonstrate it, but this way you can at least buy some food at the end of the weight test and you'll know how much more you'll be carrying.

Yes, if you buy the cMBP, definitely buy the RAM yourself. Because if you buy it through Apple, you'll be limited to the 8GB kit when if you buy elsewhere, you can get a 16GB kit and most likely still save money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.