MacBook Air Warranty ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Olti, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Olti macrumors newbie

I bought a MBA at 10th January at New York (Fifth Avenue). I live in Albania and at 20th April I am going to Torino and there's an Apple Store (Le Gru). I have some issues with the stereo speakers of my MBA, they make some buzzing sounds. And also the magnets that are used to keep the lid closed , have an issue, the Right one is stronger than the left one . and that's not nice when you close the lid slowly, you can see the difference (even that's small) , I presume that my MBA is covered by the Apple 1 year limited warranty. I need to fix these issues , so i wanted to ask you if they can make me a Computer Replacement ? To change my MBA with a new one. or If that's not possible, will i have a reparation of these problems. Please help me , I'd like a replacement but If that's not possible , I'd like a reparation ... So please tell me what to do. Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your computer's issues do not warrant a replacement. You may be eligible for repair, assuming Apple's warranty conditions don't have any country-specific rules regarding Albania, Italy, or the US, but it may not happen on the spot either.

3. Olti thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait a second , i got a year warranty for hardware defects not caused by me , the speakers can be replaced but how about the magnets , they are both hardware defects , how will they repair the magnets ? I didn't open my macbook air, so i have the rights to have a replacement or a reparation

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's up to Apple whether they elect to repair or replace a Mac. It's clearly spelled out in both the Warranty and the AppleCare Protection Plan.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you didn't open it, how do you know that the speakers make a buzzing sound and the magnets don't work? Something must be lost in translation here, but your "right" to have a replacement or a repair is at the discretion of whatever Apple tech looks at your machine.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Good point! I missed that! There's no way the OP can know about those problems if they didn't open it. Something smells fishy here.

7. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

I guess he meant he didn't open the MacBook Air itself, as in unscrewing the bottom and in doing so voiding the warranty.

8. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I tested my closing with the magnet strength. I would say definitely the right side is stronger. But I really don't care, in fact I just realized there were magnets :eek:

9. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why can you not hear buzzing from your speakers if it's not open ? Put your ear to the keyboard

10. Olti thread starter macrumors newbie

No I didn't mean that i didn't use my MBA , I mean that i didn't open the back by unscrewing the Torx screws to void the warranty .. but i kept my MBA very well , and I was careful always when using it (It doesn't have any scratch). So what are the possibilities that i can get my MBA repaired and how much time will it take to be repaired ? :)