Macbook air wasn't turning on for weeks - now working?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Squirrelflight, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Squirrelflight macrumors member

So my mom had to take her air to BestBuy since the Mac wouldn't turn on. We'd gotten it to come on a few times with the SMC reset but when it would get shut down it wouldn't come back on. They ended up telling us the motherboard was the problem and would cost 900.

Anyway after a few weeks of not turning on today when I pressed the button it came to life and everything is running perfectly. Worried about putting it to sleep right now or shutting it down just in case it won't turn on again.

She got a new comp since she just wanted a basic comp but it'd be great if this worked again!

I wonder if it'll work now or if motherboard might have issues again.

2. thats all folks, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016

thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

I had the exact same experience with a MacBook Air. 11", 2011, 2013? can't remember. place I worked, the boss' computer. refused to respond beyond charging the battery. as it was out of warranty, and time for him to get a new machine anyways, I just put it on a shelf. 5 or 6 weeks on, came across it, hit the power button just because it was there, fired right up and continued to operate as if nothing ever happened. Don't know how long it lasted but was still working when I left that job a few months later.