Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2016
I have had this problem with my Mid 2013 MacBook Air for a while now. No matter which browser I use, the vast majority of webpages I try to open are forever loading. As in the page is blank and the spinning circle on the tab just keeps spinning. Eventually the page will load after leaving it for 5-10 minutes.

It's not the Internet connection, because webpages load just fine on all our other devices, and when I download files on my Mac they load as fast as they should. Also I have used my Mac on a friends internet connection and I get the same problem.

I have been googling around and have tried several things to no avail, such as:

- updating the OS from Mavricks to El Capitan
- resetting the DNS
- changing the DNS to Open DNS
- got a new modem
- tried multiple different browsers

I'm running out of ideas. Can anyone please help? This is infuriating!!

Thanks

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Check your console logs to see if there are error messages from the browsers or network

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
I have had this problem with my Mid 2013 MacBook Air for a while now. No matter which browser I use, the vast majority of webpages I try to open are forever loading. As in the page is blank and the spinning circle on the tab just keeps spinning. Eventually the page will load after leaving it for 5-10 minutes.

It's not the Internet connection, because webpages load just fine on all our other devices, and when I download files on my Mac they load as fast as they should. Also I have used my Mac on a friends internet connection and I get the same problem.

I have been googling around and have tried several things to no avail, such as:

- updating the OS from Mavricks to El Capitan
- resetting the DNS
- changing the DNS to Open DNS
- got a new modem
- tried multiple different browsers

I'm running out of ideas. Can anyone please help? This is infuriating!!

Thanks
Do you have any antivirus or security software, or VPN software installed on the Mac?

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
Try opening "System Preferences" > "Network" > "Location:" > "Edit Locations..." > Click the "+" > enter a name like "New" > click "Done" > then select the "New" network from the "Location:" list.

Meliam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2016
Check your console logs to see if there are error messages from the browsers or network

I tried to load a webpage and watched the messages come up on console from when i opened the page until it loaded. I am not sure what they mean. I've attached a screenshot to this message.

Do you have any antivirus or security software, or VPN software installed on the Mac?

Yeah I have Avast installed, and also have Hola but I think that is only a Chrome extension.

Try opening "System Preferences" > "Network" > "Location:" > "Edit Locations..." > Click the "+" > enter a name like "New" > click "Done" > then select the "New" network from the "Location:" list.

I tried this but it didn't work :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.19.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.19.03 PM.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 95
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.