MacBook Air - What I hate

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by slammiam, Mar 24, 2008.

1. slammiam macrumors newbie

3rd day since owning. I made the mistake of taking it to work. Everyone wants to pick it up. It's dear to me. I don't like strangers fondling it...

Lol :eek:

2. AlexanderTgreat macrumors member

You made made a thread about how much other people want your computer? Did you buy the macbook air because you thought people would be interested in it too?

3. slammiam thread starter macrumors newbie

That really wasn't my intention at all. I genuinely am annoyed when co-workers want to pick it up. If your question is as to why, then well my reasons were portability and usability. As a frequent traveler, the MBA is the solution to a long-standing problem. I'm quite satisfied, and am not the person you may be looking to judge.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

And when I bought my first roadster I never expected people to want to sit in the drivers seat!!:rolleyes:

Enjoy the MBA my friend! I am virtually picking it up as we speak!!:D

5. Crossbone macrumors regular

same thing happen to me when i took my MacBook and MacBook Pro to school.

People :rolleyes:

6. mac jones macrumors 68040

Strange thing is, you actually managed to put this poor guy on the defensive with your nasty remark.

7. jlbrown23 macrumors member

Lol

It is so true. I am not the sort of person who seeks attention from other people(in fact I sort of dislike it), but I am frequently approached by strangers about my Air. I think part of the problem is that the thing is so portable that you take it along with you to more places than you normally would. And I have had several people ask to look at it and pick it up.

However I am happy to be a Mac advocate, so whatever discomfort I feel from having strangers fondle my computer is compensated for by the fact that I might turn someone else in to a Mac fan.

8. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I just had a brilliant idea. Someone needs to gut out an old thinkpad or a dell and make it into an MBA hard case. I'd use it in those situations in public where I don't want to be bothered.

9. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Happened to us with early iPhones. Not that bothersome if you ask me, as long as they don't drop it...

10. GeneKam macrumors regular

Hah that is briliant, i would defenatly do that. taht actually would be amazing now that i think about it. If any of you guys have blackberries, there is hardsheel caled ottorbox, if something like that was made for MBA that would tottally rock.

11. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

They will get over it and leave you alone. In the mean time, it sounds really annoying.
    :):apple:

12. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

And some did :mad:.....

Anyway, thats the same reason I install no fancy apps in my phone anymore so people won't find interesting use on it, aside from what they have already experienced. I only lend my computer to Luis and thats it, everyone else is a potential harm to my computer and/or iPhone. Simple answer to your "problem" Mr. Coworker: "May I see your MBA" You: NO.

Victor

13. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

I know exactly what you mean my man, when I'm with people I always keep my iPhone in my pocket, because once I pull it out, BAM "oh man let me play with it"

14. slammiam thread starter macrumors newbie

You will love it.

15. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Over in this country, macs aren't quite as common as they are in the states. I brought my regular macbook into college and everyone wanted to go on it. I was close to twatting one of them. All I wanted was to do my work.

16. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

In my country, when someone (esp. a girl) twats you, you say thank you. :)

17. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

that would be y u buy it because other people will look at it. That is why you buy an expensive car or nice cloths.

18. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Yeh, it's like when the iPhone first came out. You'd take it to work and every man and his dog wants to hold it and wave it around. Putting their dirty, greasy hands all over it. Sorry, the MBA is a $1800 laptop, I don't need anyone scratching it up with their rings, and touching the screen, and waving it around. People are brutes.

19. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

Sorry but thats 25% of the reason i Bought an iPhone.

20. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

LOL! I sold my iPhone because of that. That's why I'm not gonna get a MBA for a while. :)

21. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

You sold your iPhone because people looked at it too much?! :rolleyes:

22. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

WTF whatever

23. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

?? Is the WTF at me or at the quoted poster?

24. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Last week I was sitting at work, minding my own business, when one of the girls from the next department comes in. "I'd like to ask you a question … (glances at desk) … IS THAT AN IPHONE?"

She spent the next 10 minutes fiddling with it and showing it to the other girls next door :rolleyes:

I never did figure out whether it was a "scripted question" or whether she completely forgot to ask her original question :p

25. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Haha, typical scenario! The first day I went to school with it, random people I seldomly talk to just came by and were like "Umm, umm, yeah... hi. IS THAT AN IPHONE?" :D

I can relate to the feeling though, you can imagine how pathetic I looked when I asked a pair of tourists if I could see the phone when they visited here like a week after launch. I almost died. :p