Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I am getting 500 towards a computer as a graduation present. I already have an 2010 iMac and I am thinking about getting a Macbook Air 11 inch 128GB. I am contemplating waiting for the next update and where to buy. I am thinking Amazon because Apple does not have a student program yet this summer and you don't get a free printer anymore. Amazon is lower than apple.com(1,120) + no sales tax (technically). and I have Amazon Prime for free 2 day shipping.
Since I already have an iMac, I am willing to wait. Any word on a possible Macbook Air refresh?

Should I wait?
Where should I buy?
Should I even get a Macbook Air (vs. iPad 3, windows laptop for less (blah) )?
Thank you :apple:

hypermog

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2009
Amazon's price is usually cheaper than directly from the Apple store too. They are an Apple authorized reseller so you can still qualify for Applecare if you want.

Dav1boy

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011

If u don't have a problem buying used then you can save some money and find mint condition 11" airs for 700-800ish on Craigslist. A lot of them are still under warranty too, at which point you can get AppleCare for it. Just a thought.

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I went with amazon for the higher end 11" model. They told me if a new model comes out in 30 days I can return it for a full refund. If it's longer than 30 days, then it just wasn't meant to be...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.