macbook air white screen..please help !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by daveyaz, Sep 6, 2013.

1. daveyaz macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

i got macbook air and it boots up ,,,i hear the chime boot, got white screenm the caps look key lights up green, the fan works, i can hear the hard drive spinning, if i press volume up i can hear sound, the keyboard lights up, but still white screen, no apple logo, nothing at all but white screen.

i did sms reset and pram reset but no use, still the same before.
    i tried to boot into recovery,,,,no use.
    i tried boot into safe mode by pressing shift key after the boot chime....no use.

i got the wgite screen.

i powered it off,,,then powered normally, still white screen, after few seconds the screen went gray, if i press any key it comes back to the same white screen.

i opened it and and unpluged the hard drive cable, then booted it up...but there is no chime, but still white screen....

Any ideas ???

thanks all. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

This is a wild guess, but you might need to replace the hard drive cable. I got the white screen on my MBP and had the hard drive and the cable replaced a few times. I got the white screen with a "question mark folder" or sometimes an Earth icon.

3. henryonapple macrumors 6502

was your computer crashing a lot before this problem? try holding down option while booting, then go to disk utility, do you see your Mac HD partition?

4. daveyaz thread starter macrumors newbie

Well...
    Last night I did these :
    1. I made a bootable usb tried to boot but still white screen nothing..blank screen...nothing.
    2. I took out the hdd totaly out tried to boot and still blank white screen.
    3.Tried to boot by usb while hdd out still nothing.
    4. Tried reset smc and boot from usb...my usb starts blinking for few minutes but still white screen.
    5. Tried holding alt while booting....
    6. Tried alt+r...

Still white screen. ...no image at all....

5. daveyaz thread starter macrumors newbie

6. daveyaz, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

daveyaz thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought a miniport display adapter, got it connected to my mba and to my lcd...
    turn mba on and after few seconds i got the os screen on my external lcd, although it's not in the right resolution but i still got the desktop backgroun, cant see any icons or menu (maybe the resolution is not correct, but i can't get it corrected) i can move the pointer and i see it moving...if i close the mba screen and then put an usb thumb into mba, then my external lcd is on and showing welcome screen asking for a password which i totaly can't recall....

so, what do you think is it ?

bad mba screen? ( although it is lightin up in white light when powering on the mba and still lighting white and turn of that light when closing the screen !!)

or maybe it's a bad vga cable ???

or ......or......

so what it could be ?

thanks for all,