Macbook Air Windows Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by whyyou, Dec 4, 2014.

1. whyyou macrumors newbie

whyyou

I have a 2013 13" Macbook Air and I've noticed a drastic drop in battery life the past few months. I used to get about 7-8 hours and now it's about 4. I'm not sure if it's because I mostly use Windows 7 via Bootcamp on it.

Have other people had this issue? I guess I'll need to try running Yosemite all day and see if I notice the same problem. But for school and work, I need Windows.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

When you got the 7-8 hours were you using Windows via BootCamp then? The drivers Apple uses for bootcamp are not nearly as power efficient and you will see a decrease in battery life in comparison to just running OS X.

4. whyyou thread starter macrumors newbie

whyyou

yeah, i was using boot camp then as well. the only changes i've made are keeping up with the windows updates suggested.