Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1appleAday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
not sure what happens but all of a sudden the battery meter shows 10:00 of battery life. furthermore, istat shows 100% battery health. i'm pretty sure it's wrong because my battery health used to be about 91% (and of course we all know it won't last for 10 hours!) is it about time to replace my battery??

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,275

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
not sure what happens but all of a sudden the battery meter shows 10:00 of battery life. furthermore, istat shows 100% battery health. i'm pretty sure it's wrong because my battery health used to be about 91% (and of course we all know it won't last for 10 hours!) is it about time to replace my battery??

try resetting your SMC..

does everything look ok under system profiler>power?

what is your full charge capacity? between 4000-5000 mAh?

and it never hurts to reset your PRAM ;D

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Have you "downgraded" to Snow Leopard? Unfortunately, SL has some weird quirks with the battery reporting. Mine has shown "service batter" randomly... I reboot and it goes away. I haven't seen it yet since 10.6.2... so maybe that fixed it?

If you have SL this will make sense... if you don't, better take it in to Apple.

1appleAday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
hi guys, thx for the suggestions. the info below is from my system profile:

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 4097
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4769
Health Information:
Cycle count: 134
Condition: Good

looks ok right?

and no i'm still running leopard. now the battery indicator is back to normal....very strange indeed! i will keep an eye on it.

fyrefly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2004
Have you "downgraded" to Snow Leopard? Unfortunately, SL has some weird quirks with the battery reporting. Mine has shown "service batter" randomly... I reboot and it goes away. I haven't seen it yet since 10.6.2... so maybe that fixed it?

If you have SL this will make sense... if you don't, better take it in to Apple.

My Early-2008 MBP had a "service battery" warning that would pop up intermittently since the UPgrade to Snow Leopard. So I took it into the Apple Store. They did their own testing and gave me a BRAND NEW BATTERY. Pretty sweet I'd say (I do have AppleCare, but it generally doesn't cover Batteries beyond 1 year)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.