Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
does anyone know why apple does not offer the 11 inch mac air with 4g. it would be extremely useful to me to have that as an option.

it seems like its the one thing the mac air is missing.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Probably the same reason they never offered 3G even though it would be incredibly useful and other ultraportables have had it for years.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I already have unlimited data on my phone and it includes tethering (15gb then you get throttled) but I wouldn't mind this addition.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I already have unlimited data on my phone and it includes tethering (15gb then you get throttled) but I wouldn't mind this addition.

That's just it. Current iPad owners who want data access must purchase a second data package from the carrier, they won't let you use one data package for all your devices, it would be nice! If company paying for it, count your blessings.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That's just it. Current iPad owners who want data access must purchase a second data package from the carrier, they won't let you use one data package for all your devices, it would be nice! If company paying for it, count your blessings.

I wouldn't mind paying for another data package either especially if it's LTE!

No I pay for it myself but it costs €20 ($26) for free 3 to 3 calls and texts to any networks plus unlimited data so it's a pretty good deal. The internet isn't as fast as the other networks but it's unlimited so..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.