Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MilkMan4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Is there a way i can hook my macbook air up to my 24'' HDTV? It has hdmi, via, and component inputs. Is there any adapters to go from like USB to hdmi or vga that would work for my macbook air?

----------

preferably cheapest option too?

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
1) Buy Apple mini displayport to HDMI adaptor
2) Buy cheap HDMI cable
3) Plug cheap HDMI cable into adaptor
4) Plug other end of HDMI cable into TV.

BAM! Big screen action. Of course you'll need to turn the TV on for the full effect, but once you have it'll be like this: BAM!

MilkMan4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
ooh also another question...
if i had my mba and laptop hooked up on a tv stand and i had an apple wireless keyboard and trackpad could i be over on my bed and use the keyboard and trackpad and watch it on the tv across the room?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
ooh also another question...
if i had my mba and laptop hooked up on a tv stand and i had an apple wireless keyboard and trackpad could i be over on my bed and use the keyboard and trackpad and watch it on the tv across the room?

Yep. I've gotten about 50 feet range out of them before.

MilkMan4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Does it matter if it is a good brand like belkin, moshi, or something for $50 off apple, or can it just be a cheap one off ebay for $5 and still work fine?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Does it matter if it is a good brand like belkin, moshi, or something for $50 off apple, or can it just be a cheap one off ebay for $5 and still work fine?

Should not matter. There is one additional thing you need to do by plugging in an HDMI cable it will create a second screen and the desktop will still display on the first screen. You can drag windows onto the second screen or you can go to System Settings - Displays - Arrangements and set mirror display.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
The cable itself can be pretty cheap but I've seen some really cheap adapters that look like they would fall part easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.