MacBook Air with Parallels accessing Virtual machine or Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by grandeabc, Jul 8, 2008.

1. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

The MacBook Air video card is very limited to run HD movies, and when you run Parallels accessing a Vm, the video performance is very poor. I would like to know if installing Windows through BootCamp, could increase this performance.
    1 - Any one knows if there's some advantage on installing Windows through BootCamp instead of Vm?
    Note: One desvantage is that TimeMachine can not auto backup BootCamp partition, but it "yes" do backups the Vm.
    Thank you very much in advance!

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Advantages: you can run xp with full performance if you need to.

Video Card performance doesn't do anything in virtual machines much unless you're doing 3d graphics.

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

4. grandeabc thread starter macrumors member

grandeabc

Thank you "ayeying" an thank you "Unprocessed1" for your prompt support. Another doubt is:
    Are there differences in video performance on booting the Mac machine in Windows, than to boot the machine in Leopard+Paralles accessing the BootCamp?
    I'm asking this because I have contact Parallels team, and they told me that there's no difference in video performance when you use Parallels+BootCamp, but I still doubt this.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Download the Windows iTunes and run the full screen visualizer with frame rate showing.