Macbook Air wont turn on!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 6SSD4, Feb 14, 2009.

1. 6SSD4 macrumors member

Have been a happy Rev A 64GB SSD owner until yesterday when my Air told me to shut it off, by holding down the power button for several seconds. I let it cool down for 30 min, but it wouldnt turn on. When I tried this morning, it still would not turn on. I get the light infront, but the screen doesnt react in any way and no sound except some hard drive sound if i let it run for over an hour.

Please, any ideas`?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Did you try calling AppleCare? Next stop: Apple Store...:eek:

3. 6SSD4 thread starter macrumors member

Its not like we have Apple stores everywhere here in Norway. Actually, the nearest one is like one hour and thirty dollars away. I hate calling support, haha. I'll swallow the camel if it's the very last option. Anyone with a clue? Pretty please?:eek:

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

An hour and "30 dollars" away? Is that a new english? LOL. Honestly, you posted this 8 hours ago and no one has answer for you so far. Is it better to wait several hours for forum replies that may not solve your issue? I say, call Apple, they make the computer, they can solve your issue better than the forum.

5. 6SSD4 thread starter macrumors member

Meaning I'll (my parents) have to 30 dollars pluss gas money to get there.
    I will call support tomorrow, if I then still got no answers.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try to do a PRAM reboot (press option + command + p + r keys on powering up and keep holding until second boot chime). A permanent fix is to startup from the installation disc 1 and run the 'startup disk.app' from 'Utilities' and set it to start with the mac HD OS 10.5.6. This should fix it...