MacBook Air would not turn on at all.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LeBack, Aug 7, 2014.

1. LeBack macrumors newbie

Hello All,

Last night I worked in my Macbook Air without any problem. When I tried to turn it on this morning, its not responding. Here is the scenario..

1. I plugged in the power adapter and there is no light, no green no orange light.

2. I have it plugged in and found the back side of the Mackbook little warm right where the battery is.

3. I tried to plug in the power adapter in another Macbook air and it shows green light.

4. I tried a different working power adapter from another Macbook air into my Macbook air(the one not working).. and it shows green light right away but my Mackbook air still wouldn't wake up. (I had the adapter plugged in for 20 mins and all through it was green)

5. I have tried "SMC reset" as per apple support page instruction but still No luck.

Any idea you guys can give me? Right now I'm abroad and having this problem.

** just FYI, my Macbook air has a small dent on top back corner just beside where the the card reader is. i have this dent for last 5 months and i never ever had any issue.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Could it be a main logic board failure? If nothing has worked, especially SMC reset and yet it is warm then it sounds kind of like it. Any Apple stores in your area?

3. LeBack thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes there are 2 .. But I'm afraid that small dent they will consider as accidental damage and my Macbook is out of warranty ? What you think ?

And if there was no dent, Apple would replace the logic board under warranty?

** I still have 2 months warranty left.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know. Apple does though so I'd go there and ask. Really that is the best you can do.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Only an Apple Genius will be able to make that call regarding warranty coverage. The MacBook Air is not a very repairable machine so seeking service is the best option at your local Apple Store. By the way, this is the wrong forum for your MacBook Air. You posted in the classic MacBook section.