Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rienhh, Oct 24, 2013.

1. rienhh macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, I am a new mac user. I have just received my 2013 mBA yesterday evening. However, yesterday, while transferring my MBA into my laptop case, i accidentally bumped the bottom of my macbook air on the edge of a smooth table surface. It was not a hard knock, but there was an audible sound.

So far, everything seems fine and no scratches/dents whatsoever on my aluminium body bottom.

But, i would like to find out if anyone knows this small one-time knock will cause any damage whatsoever to the internal components of the macbook or in the future?

Regards

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Should be fine. Mines had it share of battle damage but is running perfectly.

3. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

It's probably broken inside, send it to me for testing and repair....

OR.....

You can just trust that Apples designs are well tested and minor bumps and dings have no affect. After all they are designed as portable and bumps and knocks are expected.

4. copykris Suspended

copykris

like an actual audible bump?

pretty sure it's on its last legs then

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I would say if there's no physical damage to the exterior of the MBA, then you should pretty much be okay. There's no hard drive with moving parts, so data should be fine. The only real components with moving parts are the fans.