Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Is this possible? If I pull up a netflix streaming video can I shoot it to my TV from my MBA like I can from my iPad?

Dokk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
IA, TX ... I never know
Not from Netflix. At the moment, I think you can only do what you're asking with videos that are stored in iTunes. You can use third party solutions (like AirFlick) to send other videos that you have saved; but again, I don't think that works with Netflix videos.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks, that would be a cool way to use my laptop to kick off something on the TV since it has better/easier search characteristics on Netflix. Oh well.

Dokk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
IA, TX ... I never know
Thanks, that would be a cool way to use my laptop to kick off something on the TV since it has better/easier search characteristics on Netflix. Oh well.

I know it's not the best solution for what you're looking at, but using something like Rowmote on a jailbroken ATV2 can make the search process easier since it introduces a keyboard into your iPhone/iPad remote. Just something to think about.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
I know it's not the best solution for what you're looking at, but using something like Rowmote on a jailbroken ATV2 can make the search process easier since it introduces a keyboard into your iPhone/iPad remote. Just something to think about.
Thats true. But, that is supported using the Apple Remote app also, so no need to jailbreak for this feature. The keyboard on my iPhone 4 makes searching Netflix much easier than the ATV 2 remote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.