Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hey guys.
To begin, I spoke to an Apple exec about this via phone support a few months ago and they said they really had nothing they could do about it. That I should just keep downloading the OS X updates and such. I'm just posting this to see if anyone shares this problem with me.

Whenever my MacBook is disconnected from my MagSafe adapter, my Airport card disconnects from the network I am connected to frequently, unannounced by any application. I'll click the wireless button in the menu bar and my networks are all still available to me. It's all just a matter of reselecting the network I want and all is normal again. But it's quite annoying when it just keeps disconnecting. Has anyone else had this problem?

Should I go to the Apple store and demand an Airport Card replacement? Or is it something with the firm/software? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

-Caitlyn :)

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
that's a weird problem, i think you will have a hard time troubleshooting this one. have you tried to set up a new user just to see if the same thing appens? if you have not too much apps and stuff, i would backup an reinstall mac os.

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
Hmm... if you spoke with an Apple exec.. you would not have this problem anymore. Maybe they mis-represented themselves?

So anyway, this sounds like a software problem. You can do as suggested and: create a new user, see if that fixes it. check the console, see if there's anything you can interpret from it.

You can also: Do an archive and install (reinstall operating system without deleting your data). Erase and install (completely erase everything when reinstalling operating system). Reset-pram.

Take it to an Apple Store, it's a problem no Genius would be able to turn down... it's just not acceptable. In fact, I would have lost connection at least once writing this if I had the same problem. (love magsafe.. just kicked it, and no harm done)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.