MacBook Airport: having problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jkaz, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jkaz macrumors 6502

Hi,

Had my MacBook for about a month now.

Everywhere I take it, the wireless connectivity seems to be inconsistent with the other machines around me.

At my office, my MacBook signal strength fluctuates throughout the day, the two other Apple computers stay the same signal strength all day.

Same thing happens at home too.

If computer was sleeping, seems like I have to quit all open applications, turn off airport, turn airport back on then open apps like safari, iChat, etc. before any of it works properly.

is there a setting I'm missing? any other information I'm missing?

Thanks

Jeff

2. scotty56 macrumors regular

My machine is doing the exact same thing! I bought it about a month ago and my signal is very poor while sittig next to identical macs. A fix would be wonderful :D

3. AlexanderTgreat macrumors member

My last macbook did exactly the same thing. The wireless work prefectly for almost a year after I bought it and then after I did some software up dates in november, it had constantly fluctuating wireless signal. I tried just about everything to fix it with no luck and after all the problems that i had already had with that computer it was the final straw. Anyway I'm now on macbook number 3 and so far that wireless is working just fine knock on wood.

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Your issues could be the result of other perhaps strong wifi signals near you... you might try changing the channel you are broadcasting on. Just a thought.