Macbook Airport problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nave05, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Nave05 macrumors newbie

Alright...my girlfriend dropped my macbook from about 2 feet. it didnt seem like a bad drop and it worked just fine when i turned it back on, but after using it for about 3 or 4 hours later the Airport started messing up. It would intermittently drop the connection and immediately reconnect. i ran the network diagnostics and the bullet on the left named "Airport Settings" flashes "Failed." after continuing through the diagnostic, when i get to the question about about DHCP or PPPoE a box pops up and says "Network Change Detected." It always works right after i run the diagnostics but does the same thing just a few seconds later.

Ive tried restarting and ive checked to make sure all my software and firmware were up to date but i istill havent made any headway. Please help!!

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Hard to say. You may have damaged the Airport Express card located inside the macbook or where the AE is hooked the logic board. If your brave enough, try this:
    1.Check the AE card inside the macbook. There will be two or three antenna leads coming from the AE card, make sure these antenna leads are still attached. The wire colors are gray, black and sometimes blue.
    2.Reset the AE card inside the macbook, it's secured by two screws. If no joy.
    3. Swap out the AE card with a known good card and see if your problems go away.
    Good luck!

3. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Macbook Airport problem!

It's a non warranty issue.

So how's your relationship with your girlfriend?

You drop it, you pay.

4. Nave05 thread starter macrumors newbie

well the airport seems to be working at full capacity now. i took it to my girlfriend's (pending lol) apartment and tried the wireless there. it worked flawlessly and ever since then it has been working fine even at my place. it is still troubling that there was a problem in the first place so, just in case, how do you reset the AE card? just disconnect it or is there a reset switch?

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

if under warranty, go into the apple store and tell them that you've been having issues with wireless. Give them a suggestion that the airport might have become loose or dislodged somehow and might just need to be re seated.

or open it up yourself and do it.