macbook airport stopped connecting to my router

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LeFu79, Jan 3, 2009.

1. LeFu79 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have macbook intel 2.0 GHz and Mac OS X 10.4.11.
    I had no problems with connecting with belkin g plus mimo router (f5d9230-4) before, but suddenly it dropped down the connection.
    It was about two months ago, in meantime I was trying to reset modem and router many times, I did "restore factory default" on the router and set it up again, I was trying to change location in network system preferences, but it doesn't work.
    I see my router as available in airport networks list, but I am not able to connect to it, it shows "password is not valid" when I'm trying to do it by network setup assistant, and "there was an error joining the airport network" when by airport scroll down menu.
    I was also trying to set router as a open network, or to change the password.
    My other wireless devices like iphone 3g have no problems with setting up such connection, but my macbook must be wired if I want to access internet at the moment :(

Any idea what can be the source of this problem?
    Help highly appreciated :)

2. legs111 macrumors newbie

error joining ....network

Hi,
    i have iBook G4, 10.4.11. I had no problem connecting to the wireless network i have been using - until now.
    We actually changed the modem in the flat, but the configuration and the whole profile stayed the same, and for all my flat mates it works the same, but my Mac doesn't even recognize the network at all. It doesn't recognize any networks like before it gave some networks even in the neighborhood.
    I tried to type in the network name manually, but then it just says "there was an error joining "name" network"
    Can anyone help why???? i am so desperate

thanks

S.