Macbook Airport/trackpad trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jethryn Freyman, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

So, just got my Macbook today :)

It's a 4,1, late 2008 model. Straight away I stuck in 6GB of memory and a 120GB SSD and this baby flies...

It does have a problem though: the Airport keeps dropping out. Speeds are also flucuate a lot, especially if I'm in front of the computer between it and the router. I've reset the SMC and PRAM, and I'm running an up to date copy of Lion.

Other problem is that the button on the trackpad doesn't click very well, the bottom half of it doesn't even press down at all! Any tips there? I've already ordered a new top case for it, but still...

EDIT: Also, anybody know which version of the Apple Service Diagnostic is needed for my Macbook? I can't seem to find out...

2. Robert Davies macrumors 6502

Robert Davies

Re: the trackpad button:

Whilst on mains power, take the battery out.

Does the button work any better now?

-Rob

ps Wireless networking uses microwave radio - microwave radio is absorbed by water. The human body is substantially water. D'you see where this is going? :)

Also, when you change the top case check that the antenna leads to the Airport card are attached ok.

3. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Nah it's a totally physical issue with the topcase unfortunately, when I was an Apple tech I saw a lot of this problem so I've got a replacement on the way.

lol, yeah. It's still far too sensitive though.

Will do :)

Thanks for the reply