Macbook airport will not turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacHappytjg, Jan 3, 2009.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

So basically my brother was trying to reset the router when the airport turned off and will not turn back on and i dont know what to do trying everything someone help! :(

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

What does the Airport menu say? I would try going to System Prefs-->Network and deleting the Airport configuration (hit the little '-' sign), then add it back. If that does not work, delete all configurations in Network prefs, then add them all back, with Airport being last.

3. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

I looked at that and tried all your steps and no luck

4. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

Is the router on? maybe unplug and wait a minute and reboot both router and computer.

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

the router was not the problem seeing it should be able to pick my neighbors up and the fast that it was a brand new router (took back and got dlink) and yea he just backed everything up and reinstalled tiger.

6. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I had a powerbook before and the airport card came lose in the computer, just reseated the plug and good to go, not sure where the airport card is on the macbook, the airport card was next to the battery, you can't even get on to your neighbors is that right?