Macbook Air's LED screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hav0c, Jan 16, 2008.

1. hav0c macrumors newbie

Hi, I am about to finally kick Windows to the curb and switch to Mac, and I've been waiting for MWSF hopefully waiting for some type of MacBook update. The Air is pretty neat and all, but it doesn't meet my needs as a desktop replacement. The only thing I really envy about the MBA is the LED back-lit screen. For anyone who has any info or has seen the MBA in person, is there a significant difference between the MacBook screens and a LED screen? I plan on using the laptop for a long time and I don't want to get left with an archaic screen. Thanks

2. wentwj macrumors regular

The MBP also has an LED back-lit screen. So if you're going the "desktop replacement" route I'm assuming you'll be getting a MBP with the LED screens anyway.

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

LED is usually brighter than CCFL (what the MacBook uses), lasts longer, will pretty much always be the same brightness (as opposed to CCFLs which after a few years get dimmer) and go from off to full brightness in almost no time at all.

4. hav0c thread starter macrumors newbie

Ty, but I was planning on purchasing a black MB.

Ok thank you, I guess that won't be a huge problem.

5. The Menacer macrumors member

I saw the Air at MacWorld, and I think that the screen is the most beautiful screen Apple has ever created. It has VERY rich color, and it powers on instantly when you open the notebook up.

6. Screwball macrumors regular