Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Gah, it's everything I wanted, it's everything I didn't.

An LED backlit 13" notebook with illuminated keyboard without optical drive, and under 4 pounds.

A glossy screened, $1799 blurry line between MacBook and Pro with unimpressive CPU and GPU punch.

See the LG P300 for "done right". 13 inch, LED, 2.4GHz c2d, 256MB GeForce 8600M. All it's missing is OSX and an alu enclosure!

Well, I did always say if it didn't meet my lofty expectations I'd get a regular sized MacBook Pro.... but they haven't been TOUCHED! I'm far too paranoid of an impending update to buy, so for the moment my portable needs must be met by the less-expensive-but-confusingly-more-powerful-than-the-MBAir mid 2007 MacBook.

So here I am holding out for the new MBPs. Obviously kicked back so as to not steal any of the Air's thunder. Ah well. February, what do you think? Maybe along with those ACDs...

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Well, I did always say if it didn't meet my lofty expectations I'd get a regular sized MacBook Pro.... but they haven't been TOUCHED! I'm far too paranoid of an impending update to buy, so for the moment my portable needs must be met by the less-expensive-but-confusingly-more-powerful-than-the-MBAir mid 2007 MacBook.

So here I am holding out for the new MBPs. Obviously kicked back so as to not steal any of the Air's thunder. Ah well. February, what do you think? Maybe along with those ACDs...

You will be waiting quite a while. I predict a small bump late spring, at earliest. Penryn will not be much faster than the current upgraded Santa Rosa's (Nov., 2007).

Don't expect a case redesign for 6 to 9 months, IF then.

ACD's -- Are you kidding? They are a LONG Ways Off.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
You will be waiting quite a while. I predict a small bump late spring, at earliest. Penryn will not be much faster than the current upgraded Santa Rosa's (Nov., 2007).

Don't expect a case redesign for 6 to 9 months, IF then.

ACD's -- Are you kidding? They are a LONG Ways Off.

November? Try June. They intro'd the 2.6 GHz option in Nov, that's all. No update.

Hoping the new low end MBPs will be comparable to current high end (256mb GPU, clock speed higher than 2.2) while retaining the $1999 tag.

ACDs have remained unchanged since 2006, aside from prices. They're super-overdue!

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
November? Try June. They intro'd the 2.6 GHz option in Nov, that's all. No update.

Hoping the new low end MBPs will be comparable to current high end (256mb GPU, clock speed higher than 2.2) while retaining the $1999 tag.

ACDs have remained unchanged since 2006, aside from prices. They're super-overdue!

True enough on the 2.6ghz BTO.

But the ACD's are selling very well and PRO users in PRINT love them for their controlled and certified SWOP gamut as compared to "newer" high gamut S-IPS panels which are tough to control for Print work. This is apple's market and they are not going to mess with the ACD's for QUITE a while.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Apple knew that lots of people would moan about the MacBook Air, and push their budget to go Pro instead, selling copious amounts after the keynote.

What they may do is update the MacBook Pro in 2 weeks today after the 14 return policy ends.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
An update to the MacBook Pro will likely be first (possibly as soon as next Tuesday). I think the MacBook update will be a bit later. They may wait until summer and the Montevina mobile CPUs are shipping.

tennisplaayer11

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
:(:mad:

Urgh I'm so disappointed. So now this leaves me with a big decision. I want to wait for the next update, but I can only hold out for so long. I'm gonna wait for a week or two and see what happens. If there's not update by then, what should I do?:confused:

jnc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
:(:mad:

Urgh I'm so disappointed. So now this leaves me with a big decision. I want to wait for the next update, but I can only hold out for so long. I'm gonna wait for a week or two and see what happens. If there's not update by then, what should I do?:confused:

Buy a refurb 2.2 ... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.