MacBook Alu awakes from sleep / since Firmwareupgrades

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Loki.Mephisto, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Loki.Mephisto macrumors regular

Germany / Austria - Mozart, no Kangaroos!
    Hi community,

for some strange reason my MacBook Alu 2.4 awakes from sleep on its own - for no obvious reason.

I did not notice so before applying the firmware - upgrades (i think, since the SMC-Upgrade).

Does anyone else experience this behaviour? Any ideas?

Thanks and greez,

Max

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Mine's fine, when I put it to sleep it stays asleep. Was your lid on your MB closed all the way?

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Do you have anything connected via USB when this is happening?

4. MGLXP macrumors regular

Yes...mine does this too. It's rather annoying and I'm not sure what to do about it. Mine has been doing it before and after the SMC firmware upgrade.

5. Loki.Mephisto thread starter macrumors regular

Well, yes, there are some devices connected, and no, the lid wasn´t closed - i acivated sleep mode via the apple-menu.

But nothing changed: these devices have also been connected before upgrading and there was no change in configuration whatsoever; so in conclusion, without having changed a thing, the MB is acting differently now (in awakening from sleep).

It is btw awakening each time, this doesn´t happen randomly. I put it into sleep mode and when i come back half an hour later it´s awake.

wtf??

6. Loki.Mephisto thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

i managed to figure out: it´s a bluetooth issue. Seems my bluetooth keyboard for some reason looses connection and tries to reconnect, awaking the MB.

So, issue solved. Thanks all.

Greez,

Max

7. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Oh boy, I had this problem before, it would wake up in its slipcase and get so overheated it would drain the battery in no time. I was hoping this patch would have fixed that! :(

8. Loki.Mephisto thread starter macrumors regular

This happened only once so far; however, i do not carry it around very often, so i cannot really tell if this is an issue with my MB.

9. FloridaJo macrumors newbie

FloridaJo

Mac Awakens

I had that bluetooth problem and fixed that with the settings.

But recently I had that problem again. Best thing I could tell was my wife
    turns the monitor more to the right, and the remote controller receiver is somehow picking up the LED traffic from my Vonage or router. I turned the monitor back away from the lights and also turned the Vonage box away from the computer and it was sleeping like a baby.

Sound far-fetched? As a technician at a factory 15 years ago an operator said "Every time this ink on the palletizer goes dry, my machine over here shuts down". Turned out that the strobe light from the low-ink light on the ink machine was flashing intense light into the photo-detectors on the other machine. We scratched our heads for a while on that one.:rolleyes:

10. Akzel macrumors regular

My MBP now randomly awakes while sleep too, not sure if it's the wireless mouse, will try tonight without the mouse unit attached to the USB plug.

This morning it was hot, and the fans were super loud, I had to hard boot the machine also. First time it ever happened!