Macbook alu battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rybka007, Dec 14, 2008.

1. rybka007 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a huge problem with my new aluminum macbook. The battery is running out really fast. Right now I have 80%, the keybord backlight is switched off, the display brightness is set to minimum, I am only using safari and wifi and mac tells me that I have 2:43 more... Normally people write that their new laptop lasts 4-5 hours. Coconut battery tells me that the original battery capacity was 4100 and now it is varying from 4080 to 4130. My macbook has only two days.

istat at the begining was showing 4200, now it is 4108... is it normal?

2. alexprice macrumors 6502a

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Had the same problem with mine. I took it to the Apple store and they exchanged it no questions asked. If your getting 3hrs or less from a full charge they will indeed replace it.
    Just call and setup an appointment.

4. rybka007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have calibrated it. The problem is I bought it in England and then brought it to Poland. Here we don't have such nice apple service... In a month I will probably go back to England for a few days and try to replace it. Are they doing some tests? And how long does it take for them to give a new battery?

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I had my new battery on sight. So i guess... um, 2 seconds!? :D

They will/should have it in stock and hook you up right on the spot!

6. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Not to Hi-Jack the thread, but how do you calibrate the battery?

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Straight from Apple. They recommend doing it about once a month.

8. rybka007 thread starter macrumors newbie

One more question, does it make a difference if I have 4GB ram? When I only read PDF I get 3.5 hours max.

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The RAM shouldn't affect it... 3.5 hours is not that bad... Are you at full brightness and keyboard lights on? If so, then try turning those down.. If they are already down, then no doubt you have a bad battery.

10. rybka007 thread starter macrumors newbie

My keybord lightness is set to 0 and the display brightness is set to minimum.. I contacted with apple service and they told me that I can send only the battery if I need to work with the computer all the time. Now my question is, is it possible to use Macbook without battery? I heard about the 40% slow down but I don't care about it. I just want to have all my data and use the internet.

11. svndmvn Guest

yes,you can, but be careful with the magsafe, as taking it out will shut the computer off.

12. janat macrumors newbie

My batteries

I have my batteries completely not working.