Macbook Alu ejects cds and dvds without reading them

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BeachChair, Nov 7, 2008.

1. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

The dvd drive worked fine yesterday when I watched a monty python dvd. Now today while the laptop was asleep I insert the same dvd and awoke the macbook, the dvd drive churned and made some noise then spit out the dvd. Its been doing it ever since, just tried with the Colonization DVD and the same thing happens.
    Whenever I insert a DVD it churns and makes some noise then ejects it.

Could it have gotten damaged because I put in a dvd while it was asleep? Has any of you experienced something similar and know of a way to fix it?

2. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I had that same problem with two optical drives in my white macbook. Genius bar time.

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

No, it's an added feature. The new MB's and MBP's automatically spit out DVDs featuring Pauly Shore, Dane Cook, and Adam Sandler. :D

4. BeachChair thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did that fix it?
    Im kinda afraid i have to send it in to apple because I bought it from the online apple store and theres only a priviliged retailer called HUMAC here in denmark. Not sure they help with stuff bought from the online store.

5. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

Yes. New drives both times. The first one lasted until I got it home from the Apple Store. The second lasted almost a year. That's when I got a replacement Macbook.