MacBook Alum 13' Late 2008 Audio Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahsirg, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ahsirg macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! Maybe someone can help me on this issue:

MacBook Alum 13' Late 2008.

When I insert/take out my earphones in/out of the headphone jack it takes OSX about 12 seconds to figure out I have done that and switch audio output settings & set the volume. All those 12 seconds the system seems to be like hung with the colored spinwheel cursor spinning.
    I have resetted PRAM, and also upgraded 10.5.7 to 10.6.1 but the problem is still here :(

Thanks in advance,
    Ryhor

2. Vashed555 macrumors newbie

Vashed555

Audio problems can sometimes be repaired by doing an SMC reset.

Take out your battery and disconnect your AC plug if it's plugged in.
    Hold down the power button for 5 seconds.

Reinsert your battery and power up. It might work, but also do the usual permissions repairs and the like.

3. ahsirg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but it didn't help. I also repaired permissions and the HFS volume but also no result. Gonna do a clean install of SL probably.

4. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Something similar happened to my iPhone after it had been in my pocket along with a tube of Fruit Pastilles. A bit of the tin foil packaging from the pastilles had worked its way into the headphone jack making the phone think headphones were connected when they weren't.

Check the innards of the jack and make sure there's nothing stuck to the terminals, or the switch at the back of the jack.