Macbook [Aluminium] Hard Drive dead? OSX won't boot

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dee908, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Dee908 macrumors newbie

My macbook had an unfortunate incident today (fell) and now when I turn it on it takes me to the white boot screen but after that there's just the apple logo with the loading circle below it, is this a sign that my hard drive is dead? If not is there anyway for me to boot up OS X (Snow Leopard) normally, the screen seems as if it's not going to move anytime soon, can some please help me I'm really stressing out about this. Any help is much appreciated

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

If you insert the install CD that you have of snow leopard, n then reboot, push and hold D it will take you into a hardware test, will tell you if theres anything wrong, n reboot.. then if theres nothing wrong reboot as normal. :)

You could also try just booting to the install screen while the DVD is in the drive, if it does then you know its not the mobo, or the logic chip, but likely might be the HDD as you suggest :)

Goodluck
    PTP

3. Dee908 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your quick response, i've been searching all around online and are seeing things such as resetting PRAM and SMC would these help at all?