Macbook Aluminium Weird Noise

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fatihugur, Oct 25, 2009.

1. fatihugur macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've got a MacBook Aluminium 2.4 GHZ ver. It works fine but there is a strange noise coming from somewhere the microphone is (maybe from screen I don't know because while I was scrolling down a page it stops. But when I stop scrolling it starts again.) and it makes me crazy. It's a low volume high frequency sound. But i hate that sound. So anyone have the same problem or any solution about this

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8700351&postcount=8

3. fatihugur thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer but there is no solution there.:confused:

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Well, that's true. Sorry. It was just supposed to give you some more info about the problem. I don't really know whether there is a real solution out there, but you might try searching for "CPU whine" (either on this forum or on Google) or something like that.

Personally I can live with this "issue". Granted, it is possible that the sound your laptop makes is much louder than the one that others and I experience, so I don't know whether to recommend accepting it or not. It sounds like you're really annoyed by it though. :eek:

5. dubels macrumors 6502

Just take it to Apple Care they will find out what the issue is. The Rev A. macbooks had bad fans and such that caused them to sound like they were "mooing." Apple Care took care of the issue so they should take care of it for you too.

6. fatihugur thread starter macrumors newbie

Annoying? It's getting me crazy! I did searching I haven't solved it. And I don't want to get my MacBook to Apple Care because I haven't got a warranty.

7. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

You should be close enough to the warranty period for Apple to fix this. The aluminum MacBooks were released a year and two weeks ago, and the standard warranty is a year. So unless you got your computer on the day it was released, you should be close enough.

8. DeepInside macrumors newbie

9. Kevin07 macrumors newbie

Kevin07

Dear All

I have the same problem and I sent it into Nextbyte Perth (Western Australia) It will be looked at today and I will keep you posted when I recieve more information about the problem.

10. 1mac macrumors newbie

i have the same scroll noise and i heard that its a logicboard problem.. i will like to kno if it can harm the system in long run..can someone please shed some light on this for me