Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWorksInc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Hey, so my laptop was in a flood (while on) about a month ago so I ordered some parts to fix it up, motherboard, hard drive, dc in board, and some screws I had lost. I replaced everything, I turned it on, got the dong, waited a couple of seconds then a folder with a question mark in it popped up, I know this means the computer isn't recognizing the heard drive. However I know the drive is good because I hooked it up to another computer and set up snow leopard on it. I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried holding option while booting but a mouse comes up and then there are no drives to select. I have poured a nice amount of money into this and really would like it to work, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have also tried flashing the PRAM.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Ok I'm assuming you installed snow leopard on one computer, then tried to move the hard drive to another?

I'd first put the snow leopard disc in the computer that doesn't load. Hold down c to get to disc utility, then see if the HD is being recognized.

As you replaced a lot of things it's possible maybe even the hard drive ribbon is not connected or something. I'd go into disk utility first and see what it shows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.