Macbook Aluminum 2.0GHZ Issues HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by topper1987, Mar 6, 2009.

1. topper1987 macrumors newbie

Hey I bought a New macbook aluminum a month and a half ago. I've upgraded the RAM(crucial 2X2) to 4gigs and upgraded to a scorpio 320gb hard drive...now to the issue's. Its been working like a dream the past week and a half and then last night videos on youtube and just videos in general (tried playing a DVD but ill tell you about that later) would get these wierd flickery boxes in them even how the OKAY button on some windows (how thier animated fading in and out of blue) were flashing a bit. So I restarted and it seemed to fix it for a while then I noticed happened just for a split second on a vid i was watching. My next problem is that when I put a DVD in the drive it wouldnt let me play it because of the region the DVD was in and my SuperDrive was Diff.? My Drive is set to Reg. 1 and it happended on a couple of the DVD's I tried to play. ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!

2. topper1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmmmm Somebody Out There Anybody. Im not a computer wiz is why im asking this I dont know if the RAM upgrade affecting this or not.

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Best way to se eif it is the memory is to replace it with the originla that came with your MacBook.

As far as the DVD region goes I am not an expert but can't you use an application like VLC to play it?
    By the way, ten minutes is not really much time for someone to answer to your question properly. ;)

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Did you upgrade the hard drive yourself? If so, you just voided the warranty.

5. topper1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

I called apple care and they consider it a "user upgradable part" and DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY. Plus I kept my old hardrive just in case. It only voids the warranty if you damage something in the process. BTW thanks for NOT helping.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You're very welcome. Thanks for neglecting common courtesy.

7. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman