macbook aluminum kicked the bucket

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spadz93, Nov 24, 2009.

1. spadz93 macrumors member

i was fooling around trying to get to the keyboard to see if i could change the color that lit up the keyboard. midway i had second thoughts, so i put it back together. i go to turn it on, and bam. nothing. no fan or cd drive or display. nada. i need this macbook operational. its basically my life :D does anybody have a suggestion as to what i should do? i dont have a problem giving it to apple along with the applecare and telling them to do the job, but can anyone else give me an opinion on what to do?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Check all your electrical connections, sounds like you missed a connector. That's the best case. Worst case, if you didn't ground yourself, you could have zapped something with a static discharge.

AppleCare won't cover this if they realize you were mucking around inside...

3. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

well im pretty sure all the connections are in the right place. normally im pretty good with that kinda stuff and all the screws are in the right place so maybe apple will be nice to me for once

4. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

time to put on the clueless routine at the Genius Bar...again :rolleyes:

5. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

6. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

ibrokeit.com's coolaid filled articles never mention the dark side of self service: breaking what you own. When you know how to do something, it's ready, aim fire. When you don't, it's fire, ready, aim, wait! ready for real, fire!

I know since I have a pention to break everything I own.

7. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

oh well apple didnt notice that i was inside it and i gots me a new logic board :) i wonder tho is there a way to upgrade the processor? like if i got another intel core 2 duo with just a higher ghz rate would it work?

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Not without mad soldering skills. There's no socket on these laptops, the CPU is soldered directly to the board via the ball grid array (instead of socket/pins).

9. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

oh :/ well i guess if it gets rly slow i can upgrade the RAM