MacBook Aluminum vs SR MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JosX, Feb 13, 2010.

1. JosX macrumors regular

So I have a late 2008 aluminum Penryn macbook & a 2007 santa rosa MacBook Pro, I have been comparing them for the past week & can't come to a decision as to which I should keep. I love the unibody design & faster RAM of the MacBook, but love the 15" matte display of the MBP. Can anyone help me out with which one to keep?

I mainly watch 1080p video, graphic design, some higher end gaming on bootcamp, rip allot of DVDs.

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

3. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Well considering the SR has the 8600M, that will more than likely fail sooner or later, I would highly consider keeping the unibody.

4. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I like my uMBP 13" over the mid-2007 MBP I had (RIP).

5. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

if i were you, i would keep the newer one because it is newer.

logic :apple:

6. Warsteiner macrumors member

Couldn't you sell them both and buy a new 15 inch unibody with matte screen?

7. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I've had one of those unibody MacBooks. 2.4 GHz was nice, but the screen is just so poor! Even Apple replaced the screen in February, last year. Its not just the useless super-mega-hyper glossiness. That screen just hurt my eyes.

Besides, those 15" ones are so nice, even if older. Can't you just sell the newer one now and the other one too, when the new 15" ones with the faster processors come out?

8. JosX thread starter macrumors regular

As much as I would love to sell both, & quite easily buy a 2.8 15" unibody or even i5/7 when they come out, my mum needs a new computer & the one I decide not to keep will be going to her.

And yes I highly regret having to choose between two so evenly matched macs!

Another deciding factor is whether there is a 13" display available with the right aspect ratio that offers 1440x900, as 1280x800 is lower than I would like for graphic purposes. Also the glossy screen isn't too much of an issue with a wonderful anti-glare coating I've seen that covers the whole glass, fits really well.