MacBook Aluminum?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pankrastudio, Apr 23, 2008.

1. pankrastudio macrumors newbie

2. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

3. muldul macrumors 6502

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Way more expensive so it would cut out the bottom part of their buyers, that's what it would be.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Old news? Weren't these pictures in the hoax post Arn had earlier?

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Looks like an Air with fatter lid and white keys. Not bad, I guess.

7. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

Looks great! I would buy that, the only thing is I think the new one will have black keys (not that I support that decision it's just what the article said)

8. BlackThunder macrumors member

Just looks like a dirty macbook to me.. I hope they stay plastic or at least have black aluminum.

9. JackButler macrumors member

10. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I got to agree. I want more choices not less.

11. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

12. chan2004 macrumors regular

i really couldn't see why people like aluminium
    for me, white macbook will always beat anything on style front:eek:

13. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

Plastic isn't biodegradable or recyclable which seems to be the area to which Apple is moving. So Aluminum will make sense and I think that they are going I honestly think that Apple will make them look like the new Classic iPods. I mean they look as though they are supposed to go hand in hand. So I would say you will see a brushed aluminum one and a black aluminum one.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course plastic is recyclable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_recycling

Aluminum is just not sturdy enough. I'll be sad to see them use it.

15. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

Yeah I know plastic is recyclable but is the plastic used on Macbooks recyclable? Certain plastics can and cannot be recycled while almost aluminums can be.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want a white aluminium MBP, with the same matte finish.

17. JackButler macrumors member

LOL, it matches all those modern kitchen appliances. That whole Stainless Steel era :eek:

18. Laco macrumors 6502

i don't like it at all. The clean white design of the macbook is one of the reasons i bought it over the macbook pro. I really hope they don't change it.

19. gillyweed macrumors newbie

I dig the aluminum. It's chichi but without being pretentious. It makes a more subtle statement than white ("I'm a hipster trendhound who thinks macs are supposed to be white and was using PCs or not born back when they weren't"), or black ("Can you feel the detached and darkly mysterious vibes emanating from my oh-so-cool blackbook... let's go beat up some kids with white ones, and some Gateway owners"). Aluminum is the Great Uniter. It doesn't pit black versus white. It cares about the environment. It gets beat up but still maintains its sleek, handsome exterior. It presents itself in a youthful but professional manner. You have to pay a lot of money to spend one-on-one time with it, but it's money well spent. If aluminum were a presidential candidate it would be Barak Obama.

But seriously, I have been using one or another aluminum Powerbook model for the past three years, and if you take care of it, it stays looking, like, really awesome. The subtle sheen does not show finger prints, smudges or staining. I see some random food (or something) smudges on the top of mine (easily removed with a damp paper towel), but not a single scratch! After *frequent* daily use for the past couple of years! And it has a melting point of 1220.58 degrees F, so you don't need to worry about taking it on your vacay to the Gobi Desert or Phoenix (although the processor won't handle the heat too well). You can't beat that, in my opinion.

What you can beat is the crappy wireless reception :mad:, but that's fodder for another thread.

20. timestoby macrumors 6502

i think the new macbook will look exactly like the air.as for the pic,i dont like the white keyboard.