macbook aluminum

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by razmataz92, Feb 22, 2009.

1. razmataz92 macrumors newbie

ever since i got my macbook around a month ago, my battery hasn't lasted more than 2 hours at the most. i researched and realized i should calibrate the battery, that didnt do anything. then i downloaded istat and it shows everything as fine. i think i got a messed up battery. do you think they will replace my battery if i take it in?

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Go to Apple > About This Mac > More Info > Power, then look at the Health Condition of the battery in the list. If it says Good but is only giving you two hours, take it in and report a fault, they might give you a new battery. If it says Poor, and since you have only had your Mac a short period of time, they'll give you a new battery.

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

It might just be because you have too many processes running even though iStat doesn't say so. If you have WiFi and Bluetooth turned on, you will not be getting near 5 hours like Apple says.

Also, if you play games while on battery power, your battery won't last very long. I only get 1 hour of battery life playing games with only WiFi turned on.

4. aluminumapple macrumors regular

if your playing any games, going on the web, or using blue tooth, or listening to music. than yes that is correct battery life. to be more efficent turn off programs, sound or also blue tooth and wireless if your not using it.

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

6. aluminumapple macrumors regular

OOPS Wrong thread. pressed back too much :( ;;

7. razmataz92 thread starter macrumors newbie

with the wifi on, bluetooth off and searching the web and ichat at half the screen brightness and no keyboard backlight i get around an hour and a half. im not expecting much but my 2 year old macbook pro was getting around 4 hours or more with the same conditions.

8. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

what does "about this mac" say about the condition of your battery?

9. razmataz92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Health Information:
    Cycle count: 91
    Condition: Good
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): -1225
    Voltage (mV): 11211

10. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Amperage is NEGATIVE 1225? o.o

Edit: Okay </panic> mine says the same thing too... Otherwise I was going to go and have a long hard look in my physics textbooks. Only my amperage reading is -1370 and I've been running on my battery for almost two hours (with three left to go).